Cyclones cause havoc and so do disputes. Today, I spent hours hosing down my driveway and veranda.
As I was guerneying, I came to realize that the skillset needed to achieve a good result was similar to that needed for a successful mediation:
- Patience. You cannot go any faster than the clients/guerney equipment;
- Mindfulness. You must be present and aware of yourself and clients/areas that require guerneying;
- Calmness. You need to be calm and relaxed in the mediation and while you are guerneying;
- In the Zone. This is where I am in the moment and part of the process of either mediation or guerneying. Time passes without thought to it;
- Results. Resolution is accomplished almost 90% of the time whether mediating or guerneying;
- Reflection. Whether guerneying or mediating, I reflect on my part in the process and the success of that process; and
- Fun. I enjoy guerneying almost as much as I enjoy mediating.
Since there are so many similarities, I might start a mediation guerneying business. I will call it THE MEDIATION & GUERNEYING EXPERTS. Anyone interested?